Dallas Season 4 on DVD

Soapsuds

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Oct 19 2005, 07:00 PM)

I'm so happy they're releasing them quicker now. I'd waited on buying them until I saw how the next release went, but now i'm going to go ahead and get them.

I hope Knots gets a speedy release too!

Me too. I thought it was going to take another year until August till we got another Season out. I have Seasons 1, 2 and 3 already. I cant wait to get Season 4. I hope Season 5 comes out soon after or at least by August of 2006.

Btw...I heard Knots was coming to DVD but havent heard any release date yet.

• Members

The first season of Dynasty is the best! You will definitely enjoy it. Watch out for Fallon, she is much better than her mother Alexis, at least in this season. You'll also notice that everyone is interesting, even Blake and Krystal who sorta became robots in those later years.

• Members

Hey me too! :P I want every single season! Unlike many, I did like the last three season a whole lot! I don't think they get enough credit with the fans, especially the final two.

But the show that I am really dying for is Knots Landing which will be out next year! I'm guessing it'll come with the reunion which will probably be Febuary or May. I also can't wait to get Falcon Crest if that ever comes out.

• Members

My inside source tells me that Joan Collins is whats holding up that release. Last I hear, they're trying to get her to do extras, obviously having some problems there. But she did seem pretty sure that they'd release the entire season.

But still, trust me, Season One is worth it even if it's all they release. It's pure excellence. Really the only seasons I'd buy are 1, 2, 6 and 9.

• Members

I agree that Joan is great and all, but season one is perfect without her. She was the best thing for the show in terms of ratings, but I think those ratings are what killed the show, quality wise.

I'd say the first season of Dynasty ranks among the best of all the primetime soaps. I love that every little detail adds up to the powerful finale where we meet Alexis.

Pamela Sue Martin is also brilliant here. It's a shame that the writing for her character started to suck shortly after this season ended. Here she really is the queen bitch, up there with early Alexis before she became a cartoon.

Other standouts are Linda Evans who actually emotes and is (gasp) interesting! Same goes for John Forsythe! I love racist, sexist pig Blake. They were such an interesting couple this season, something I can't say as time went on.

BTW, if you haven't heard already, Joan will be joining the cast of Footballers Wives next season, so you can catch her there too! She'll be running a magazine similar to Hello! (or OK) and competing with Tanya Turner for the same man. I can't wait to see her on my new fave soap. When she's good, she's really good and I think she will be good on this soap, if they use her correctly.

Archived