Do you like the new Madonna song?

Evan

• Members

Her new single is called "Hung Up". I don't think it's one of her best but it's a definite improvement on that AMERICAN LIFE crap, and at least you can dance to this one.

The new CD, CONFESSIONS ON A DANCE FLOOR, is out in mid-November.

Any other Madonna fans here?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man oh [!@#$%^&*] man, I am the WORLD'S BIGGEST MADONNA FAN.

"American Life" is actually my favorite album of hers, next to "Like A Prayer" and "Music."

I cannot wait to hear this single today! I'm listening to the radio, but I don't expect to hear it 'til TRL. I am so damned excited I could blow a ...............................

Anyway, I've heard amazing reviews so far. I love MADONNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Oct 17 2005, 02:12 PM)

A friend emailed me some remixes of it which I thought sucked. I'm going to record TRL today to see if the Radio Edit is better. I LOVED American Life, I'd have to say it's my favorite too Shane! And that's definitely hard to choose.

Finally! Somebody else who likes this album. I cannot FOR THE LIFE OF ME figure out why hardcore Madonna fans don't like it. I mean, one of the main accusations leveled against it is that Mirwais' and Madonna's production sounds too much like "Music." So it makes no sense that people would LOVE "Music" so much, yet hate "American Life" with such passion.

You have made me feel better, although I am scared that you thought the new song sucked.

• Members

Madonna's best work is RAY OF LIGHT, IMHO - William Orbit is the best producer she's ever worked with.

I like too some of the stuff she did with Patrick Leonard in the 1980s(LIKE A PRAYER).

I've heard the new song a few times, and it's one that grows on you.

The new CD is apparently a return to Maddy's dance roots. The producer this time is Stuart Price, an English DJ/Dance Music producer. Should be interesting.

• Members

I am a huge Madonna fan, and I have been impressed with the lead singles from her past three albums: "Frozen," "Music," and "American Life."

From what I heard on TRL today, I was underwhelmed by "Hung Up." I'll admit that I didn't get to hear it at full volume, but it sounds like there is not much of a melody. It's all about getting people on the dance floor, but I think "Ray Of Light" did that and also worked as a pop song.

Needless to say, I relished seeing Madonna, though!

• Members

The thing is, a lot of people on message boards seem to be acting as though the song is REALLY, REALLY AMAZING!

I think there is a large core of Madge fans who are more concerned with her dance credibility than with her pop cred.

I mean, "Music" was practically the most successful single of her career on the charts, and it doesn't exactly have a killer melody.

I will remain postive and excited about the album, though. She has never let me down with an entire album in twenty years.

• Members

Count me in as an American Life lover! It was an underrated treasure...Madonna rebelling against the mainstream. Madonna speaking out against the bad things in our culture. How could one not LIKE this album?!

Of course, I was disappointed when Madonna reinvented herself for the remixes when American Life didn't do so well.

Not sure if I have a favorite Madonna album, although I have enjoyed every single(original) cut I've heard from Like a Prayer. Like a Prayer, Express Yourself, Cherish(???) and Dear Jesse are all fun songs. The first two are great on the Immaculate collection, but now that I am a HUGE fan of 80's music, nothing beats the flavor that those songs posess on the album.

(PS. I feel like I need to be drunk or something when I see the Dear Jesse video!).

And I wanna hear the new song too...

• Members

Wow, I listened to the full song on AOL and I think it is GREAT! Definitely a good single for this new album. I think I'm going to pick it up based on the strength of this single.

She's definitely going for a more carefree feel after American Life, which had deeper lyrics. I guess this fits her current image better.

• Members

I'd never thought anyone would sample an ABBA song but leave it to Madonna! And Gimme, Gimme, Gimme A Man After Midnight to boot! (Great song BTW).

This song rocks. I will be definitely buying this CD. I enjoy the more fun music she makes.

Archived