And the Y&R Cast Member Crossing over to B&B IS............

• Members

Posted by the lovely LuvThatKatherineonY&R on SC

From CBS Soaps In Depth magazine, November 1, 2005 issue:

"Cooper To Join Sister Soap?

It seems that THE BOLD & THE BEAUTIFUL executive producer and headwriter Bradley Bell is about to make good on his promise to have a character from Y&R's Genoa City appear on it's sister soap.

The In Depth Story:

Shortly after John McCook (Eric) crossed over to Genoa City in August, Bell vowed that "a prominent Y&R cast member" would return the favor by appearing on McCook's soap B&B. It appears that Genoa City grande dame Jeanne Cooper (Katherine Chancellor) is the crossover recruit in question.

Although a representative for B&B would not confirm Cooper's appearance, Soaps In Depth has learned that Katherine's involvement on B&B will include a business bombshell that could change the hierarchy at Forrester Creations forever."

Oooohh Flannery and Cooper in the same scenes, two brilliant dynamite actress colaberate, sounds good to me! :D

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And NBC and ABC fanboys and girls wonder why Y&R and B&B are the top rated soaps on TV. It's called network synergy. ABC has very few characters who can cross-over from show to show with no problem, yet they don't capitolize on it.

• Members

Personally, I can't stand when soaps do that. I think each show should have its own identity.

Man, I hated it when AMC-OLTL had that baby switch storyline, and I was literally FORCED to watch AMC for a couple of days in order to see my favorites. If there is one thing I don't want to be doing with my day, it's devoting an hour to All My Children!

Quit the cross-overs, please.

• Members

I actually love crossovers, but Y&R/B&B are really close so it's understandable(EXCEPT McCook should have NEVER crossed over to Y&R, for obvious reasons but whatever). When Y&R and B&B do crossovers they tend to be extremely good(ex, Sheila), so I'm looking forward to this.

• Members

I agree with you in all circumstances except when it comes to Y&R/B&B crossovers. They are true sister soaps and it has been long established that they are in the same universe.

Now if this were ABC, no doubt Katherine would be going to LA to seek out long-lost daughter Brooke and former flame Massimo. :rolleyes:

Basically he just spoke with Michael about Sheila's crazy history with Lauren. The scene wasn't really a huge deal, just informed Y&R viewers about what happened in LA.

Archived