• 7 months later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Major character exiting the show at the end of the season.

I don't regularly watch the show, but this is pretty sad, considering how long the series has been running, among other reasons, but I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

I can't believe this show has been on 13 season. So weird to think I was in my 20s when it started.   Generally, I can't watch procedures.  Still, I've found this show comforting over the years. I used to marathon it when I was feeling depressed just to have familiar voices in the background.

• Members

Already posted two posts above yours.

There is something comforting about it, the times I've watched. It's entertaining and easy to just sit back and watch. Clearly, there's a reason for its loooong lived success, and that's part of it.

Edited by YRBB

• Members

I remember taking care of the episode guide during Season 2, and the shock of Sasha Alexander's departure, then wondering if the show could outlive JAG. I never thought it would reach Season 13. Sadly, I stopped somewhere during Season 6, and I don't think I'll ever watch everything, but tuning in occasionally is not a waste of time.

However, Weatherly's departure will hurt the show, IMO, unless Gary Glasberg has something up his sleeve.

• Members

The Tony/Gibbs and Tony/Tim relationships are so core to the show, that it's hard for me to imagine what the show will try to do once Tony leaves. I already think the show's been on a down slide since Bellsario left (which I think was the season after Jenny was killed off), even though the show's ratings continued to rise.

I'm not sure there's really a point to going on if Tony's leaving. There's no more "Gibbs mythology" to explore, Tim isn't interesting enough to drive the Gibbs' team of underlings, and Ellie continues to be a bust. But I'm sure CBS will get as much blood out of this stone as they can before retiring it.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 years later...