AMC: TV Guide On Kate Collins' Return

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That would be great, but doesn't she live in Chicago with her husband and 2 sons?

Her husband is a threater directer there, and I wouldn't think she'd be able to be on AMC long term -- unless her husband wants to leave his job and move east.

Maybe it will be like Walt Willey.... Doesn't he live in New Mexico?

• Members

I'm so TORN...bc i LOVED Kate Collins - Janet throwing Natalie down the well is what hooked me to AMC and I've been watching ever sense. BUT, i LOVED Mattson too and i wonder if they will even expain the change in face or just assume viewers will be happy and not care about rewriting history?

either way, i hope she stays long term

• Members

It doesn't look like its happening. None of the mags have reported it as long-term and TVGuide quickly moved it to a another linked page soon after posting it.

Plus, no disrespect to Kate Collins, but she doesn't look like she did in the pics everyone is posting. I'm just saying she doesn't have the soap look anymore Personally I would love to have her back on contract, but from Fronsy's perspective.......so even if it was contract it would probably be more like Livia's role.

• Members

That's a good bet.

Look, again, it's not my opinion she doesn't have the right "look" that's just how the network bigwigs think. Tonya Pinkins herself has said she desperately wants to work more but she's disadvantaged by age and appearance.

I'd be thrilled if she was on contract (and actually used, unlike Tonya). I'm not dissing Kate Collins at all....I hope. It wasn't my intention.

• Members

From what I understand Tonya has quite alot of other commitments outside of AMC such as theatre and what not so I read once she is used when she is available which always made me wonder why she wasn't just put on recurring.

I don't have a pic of Kate Collins (recent) but I do know that yes she does begin appearing on November 15th.

• Members

she is not Janet for me. Robin Mattson is and if Janet has to come to town full time, then AMC needs to try and get her back

Oh and Agnes, IA. She hasnt aged well. Dont know what she looks like now, but she looked considerably older the last time she was on AMC and that was a few years back. I think RM still looks amazing and still a great actress, as seen on GH last year

Archived