Your Favorite Cosby Show Theme

NaVell J. Lee

• Members

I was bored, and I started listening to all the themes from this show at Sitcoms Online. LOL! What was your favorite. Mine was from season 4, where they all had on the dresses and tuxedos...the Top Hats version. Right behind it is from season 2 which was the season where they first started doing the dances. LOL.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know which overall theme I liked the best, they were all good, but I like the season 5 "Tropical Dance" theme the best.

On a sorta related note, I liked the first season theme song for "A Different World." I didn't mind Aretha Franklin's later versions, I just didn't like the newer instrumental as much as the first season's. Like they tried to hip'n (is that a word) it up or something. I love the harmonica and that old school, southern, soul feel it had going on.

• Members

Here is my order (from most favorite to least favorite) of the opening sequences/themes for The Cosby Show:

1. Season 2 (the opening that featured a saxophone version of the theme and where the cast was dancing against a gray background)

2. Season 4 (the opening that featured Bobby McFerrin performing the theme and where the cast was dancing against a gray background)

3. Seasons 6 & 7 (the opening--used for both seasons--that featured J.R. Walker perfroming the theme and where the cast was dancing against a background that featured a sign for the Apollo Theater)

4. Season 1 (the computer-enhanced opening of pictures of the family that featured a synthesizer theme)

5. Season 3 (the opening that featured a latin version of the theme and where the cast was dancing against a gray background)

6. Season 5 (the opening that featured an orchestral piece--that was totally different from the show's normal theme--and where the cast was dancing a Hawaiian-type dance)

7. Season 8 (the opening that consisted of shots of grafitti and featured a rap theme)

Actually, I like all the openings except the ones for Seasons 5 and (especially) 8. Those two openings (and themes) really did not fit in well with the show.

Archived