'Sixth Sense' star charged with DUI

Rhiannon

• Members

(AP) Updated: 5:23 p.m. CT Aug 17, 2006

GLENDALE, Calif. - Actor Haley Joel Osment has been charged with drunk driving after getting into an accident last month.

Osment, who’s 18, fractured a rib and hurt his shoulder in a car crash outside Los Angeles on July 20th.

Osment has been charged with driving under the influence and with underage drinking. Authorities say his blood alcohol content was point-oh-five.

He’s scheduled to be arraigned September 19th, and he will surrender for booking at a later date.

If convicted, Osment faces up to six months in county jail. Osment’s credits include “The Sixth Sense” and “Forest Gump.”

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

.05? That's not even legally under the influence. However, I think it is considered DUI if the offender is under the legal drinking age. Depending on size and other physical factors, 1 single beer could cause a .05. I don't think Osmet was "drunk" driving. However, considering that he was in an accident (which could've happened to anyone sober), and blew a .05 (signifying that he'd been drinking) *and* that he was under the legal drinking age, that's while he's charged with DUI.

• Members

Well, call me crazy but I think that if it were some other celebrity -- say Tara Reid -- it'd be something else. But HALEY JOEL OSMONT?! WOW ? HELL no. That boy never showed signs of such destructive behavior. If anything, he was always thought to be the 'dorkiest, nerdiest, levelheaded' kid out there. Again, I'm shocked and dismayed by these disgusting developments. This kid, truly, is a shame to Tinseltown. Pity, too; I just knew he'd be the one to revive faith in the child stars. But all is lost now.

I am SO effing pissed about this!!! YOU RUINED IT, Haley Joel! You ruined it for EVERYBODY!!! <_<

• Members

Thats what I'm saying. He is no different than the rest of us so why put him above and beyond everyone else? He is allowed to make mistakes. Just because he is in the public eye doesn't make him imortal or some a god that can do no wrong. He is a kid who was [!@#$%^&*] around and got caught. Happens to the best of us.

Archived