'Grey's' Actors Mad at Creator?

Toups

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn, What a difference a year makes.

Pompeo did 2 movies last year. Sandra Oh 6, Chambers 2, Heigl 4, and Walsh 4 and now they can't do any. That must suck.

Question?

I heard that the ladies of DH are contracted through the shows entire run? Is that true and Does GA actors have the same contracts?

• Members

If you mean contracted 6 years, then yes, I believe they are(I doubt they are contracted through the series' whole run, because no one can really gauge how long the show will last. But I doubt any of those actresses would have signed 10 year deals).

As far as GREY'S is concerned, I dunno, but I've been wanting that deck of cards to fall since its success bumped BOSTON LEGAL to Tuesday Nights, a night of the week I NEVER devote to broadcast primetime programming. That, and I think the show is a primetime ripoff of PORT CHARLES. GREY'S is basically PC with trendy bands and shock-value medical mysteries.

Also, I wanna say this doesn't bode well for Shonda Rhimes. This makes her look like a !@#$%^&*] and a very difficult person to work with. And she is ABSOLUTELY not on Dick Wolf's level yet. She better find a way to make some of the demands of her actors work, or else she may face the unemployment line!

• Members

Right..Shonda made the show, the actors, MAKE the show. You know what I mean. However I don't think she should say what they can and cannot do...you know!!!

As far as contracts: I know that when courted one actress for Commander in Chief, not Geena Davis, but she didn't want to sign that longterm contract with ABC...I want to say six years.

• Members

I was an avid fan of the Grey's until they made Meridith and George sleep together, and what happened during those scenes turned me off the show a bit........It was uncalled for and made me want to shoot my TV...... :angry:

It doesn't surprise me about Shonda, because when the cast members have been interviewed about the show on the red carpets and on the entertainment shows; they seem to get kind of nervous or twitchy when Shonda's name is brought up....

• Members

I think it still has a chance against CSI, but I expect both shows to lose about 3 or 4 million viewers due to this.

ABC made the stupidest decision to move GREY's from Sunday nights (the lead-out of DH) against powerhouse CSI on Thursdays. I understand that the network needed some ratings on that night, but come on!

And with "Ugly Betty" being moved from Fridays to Thursdays at 8, as part of a lead-in for GREY's, that will NOT be successful, IMO. That show looks horrible.

And as for the creator doing all of those things... WOW. Geez lady, let the freaking actors have lives. She actually blocked them to not go outside the studio... <_<

• Members

Michael Ausiello posted in his column that right before this leaked one of the cast members announced she had to drop out of a film because of a commitment to Grey's. That leads me to believe it's probably true and it does suck. The creator is going to have to change things or these actors won't renew their contracts.

I know at Desperate Housewives (and every other show) you can do as many films as you want.

Archived