Who's going to broadcast the Daytime Emmy's next year?

• Members

According Daytime Confidential, We love the soaps and TV Guide none of the major networks want to broadcast the 2009 Daytime Emmy's. ABC, and CBS have declined to broadcast next year's telecast, and NBC took itself out of rotation years ago. Even Soapnet has passed on broadcasting next year's Emmys. The National Academy of Television Arts and Sciences are now offering the telecast to other networks and cable channels, to see if someone will broadcast the show.

http://www.daytimeconfidential.com/

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It is. But then again Soapnet is no longer as dedicated to broadcasting soaps the way they used to be. I wonder if they are still going to have the Emmy Pre show on Soapnet and the show that talks about the rundown of the Emmy's after it's aired, and talks about things like best and worst dressed.

Maybe a cable network like Oxygen or Lifetime will air it. I could see one of these networks deciding to air it, and I think that I have seen advertising for soaps on Lifetime before.

• Members

I'm a little surprised that CBS passed on them because when they aired the awards in 2007, the ratings had increased from the previous year and they weren't horrible like they were this year on ABC. Plus, CBS historically gets the lions share of major category nominations so it is a good chance to promote their shows.

Weren't all the Best Actress nominees from CBS this year? I really don't blame ABC for passing when ratings were horrible and basically ABC ended up promoting CBS shows and stars.

• Members

They did. I'm pretty sure the first primetime braodcast was in 1991 and the show was #2 for the week in the ratings so it was hugely successful.

I doubt they'll go back to airing them in the afternoon. ABC won't - because again, why would they promote CBS shows and plus the afternoon dynamic in tv has changed so much since the early 90's. I believe the emmys aired from 3-5 pm, which affiliates would most likely not give that time up now to a network show.

Archived