The Soap Opera Spirit Awards

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

AMC 1 nom and it's freaking Alexa Havins? Ugh. No David Canary?

IMO it's pretty much a CBS Bias, and the guest star stuff, Stuart Damon isn't a guest star...a guest star is usually one or two episodes....

It's a joke when Terri Colombino is on there and Maura West isn't.....

• Members

This is a list made by somebody/people who love and watch a lot of soaps -- and that's a good thing.

People call NB a hack and of course he is majorly crushing on Ron Carlivati. But I respect his opinion more than, say, Carolyn Hinsey or somebody writing in some of the soap rags. They are fed stories by the Daytime prezs and PR people to put a positive spin on crap pairings and SLs and to "train" us viewers to enjoy shoddily put-together shows.

The impression I get is that this is his opinion and his alone. For that reason I read his stuff and Marlena Delacroix's.

Plus, awards that honor Daytime? Including Days of our Lives and Darlene Conley? I can definitely get behind that.

• Members

I don't give a rip about OLTL, I don't watch. I'm not sorry to disagree with that choice based on the Sydney remote, the pimping of Constantine, Rick/Phoebe, the "shocking" death of Brooke's rapist, the egg scramble, and the rewritten history of the Logan/Forrester feud. If he wanted to give them "best soap of the year for the months of November and December"....I might be inclined to agree.

Archived