Y&R: Can Bryton Handle this?

• Members

In the new SOD it says that Devon becomes ill with menigits and goes into a grave state. He does end up waking up and of course Dru and Neil are there by his side because he is sick. They start talking to him and he cannot hear them. Apperently, Devon is going to become deaf.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am utterly shocked that Latham is now actually writing for Devon. What is with her sudden interest in the character? I mean I think its good but I just find it odd. Somethings tells me it will all end up with Devon being off the cast.

• Members

I would have preferred for him to become mute with the mess that spills out of his mouth...

As for whether this will be good, lets see: Lily's paternity secret out sucked, Dru/Neil/Carmen is an ugly mess, the Alex secret was quick and pretty much lackluster, blink and you would have missed the storyline where Dru/Neil problems effect Devon. So far, LML is 0-4 with the Winters.

• Members

Hopefully this is a sign that Latham plans on rotating other characters on the backburner into storylines. Could be a good thing, but I'll wait until Jill, Katherine and Ashley have a major frontburner story until I decide.

I'd much prefer Devon get a girl pregnant, but this sounds original and like killer material for the Winters. With Dru being one of her favorites, hopefully we can keep the Winters on the frontburner.

I still want Mamie, Olivia and Dru's evil mother Lillie Belle back! Unfortunately the actress who played Lillie Belle has passed away, so they'd have to recast, but she needs to be back!

The Winters are more interesting than some of the other families on this show.

Archived